Statistically speaking, Mcdonald’s is by far the largest fast food chain in the world with more than 40 thousand stores across the globe. And it has been more than 8 decades since this fast food giant has been leading the pack in this particular industry. But it wasn’t until 1996 that Mcdonald’s made its first appearance in India. And boy, it was a hit. As a result, currently, in the year 2023, Mcdonald’s has more than 160 restaurants in the country.
And if you are looking forward to hopping on the ride of success with Mcdonald’s, you should definitely give a shot to the franchise that they offer in India. If you meet all the requirements set by Mcdonald’s then you can open a successful Mcdonald’s restaurant in your city. But the main question is, how much does the Mcdonald’s franchise cost in India? Well, that’s what today’s post is all about. We are here to share with you all the details that you need to get started and apply for the Mcdonald’s franchise in India. So let’s get down to it then.
Cost of Mcdonald’s Franchise in India
Have you ever wondered how much it would cost to start a McDonald’s franchise in India? Well, you’re in for a revelation because we’re about to lift the veil on the ins and outs of getting a McDonald’s franchise up and running in India. Diving into a franchise contract with McDonald’s is no small change. Your bank account is in for a workout, starting with an initial fee of around Rs 25 lakhs. Yes, you heard that right. This tidy sum goes straight to McDonald’s Corporation for the privilege of operating under the globally recognized golden arches on Indian soil. But hold on because that’s not all, the initial investment is only the tip of the financial iceberg.
In fact, your wallet needs to be bracing for an outlay of between Rs 6 to 7 crores in total. This hefty sum covers all the bells and whistles, like securing a prime location, construction and equipment costs, not to mention the ongoing expenses like staff wages and advertising.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the costs:
- Franchise Cost: 25 Lakhs Rupees
- Machinery Cost: 35 Lakhs Rupees
- Civil Work Cost: 10 Lakhs Rupees
- Furniture Cost: 11 Lakhs Rupees
- Interior Cost: 20 Lakhs Rupees
- Training and Support Costs: 20 Lakhs Rupees
Space Requirement for Mcdonald’s Franchise in India
When you sign up for the Mcdonald’s franchise, you’ll be asked to meet the space requirement for the restaurant. And in India, Mcdonald’s requires you to have a minimum of 1400 to 1500 square feet of land in a decent locality where the foot traffic is good.
How to Apply for Mcdonald’s Franchise?
The thing is, as of now, Mcdonald’s isn’t accepting franchise applications in India, but they will be soon. And when they do start accepting the franchise applications once again, we want you to be fully prepared and know how to actually apply for the franchise smoothly. Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Reach Out to McDonald’s India: It all starts with a simple conversation. Get in touch with McDonald’s India, and they will be more than happy to equip you with all the need-to-knows.
- Application Submission: Now it’s time to put pen to paper and send in your application. This will need to include the nitty-gritty details about your business experience, financial stability, and your dream McDonald’s location.
- The Background Check: Once your application lands in their lap, McDonald’s India will do a deep dive into your past. They’ll comb through your financial and legal history and might even ask you for an interview.
- The Green Light and Signature: If all goes well and you tick all their boxes, you’ll get the green light for your franchise. Then, it’s time to make it official by signing a franchise agreement that spells out all the terms and conditions of your shiny new partnership with McDonald’s India.
- Location Hunting and Construction: After all the ink has dried, it’s time for the real fun to begin. You get to play real estate agent and find the perfect spot for your McDonald’s restaurant. Don’t worry though, McDonald’s India will have your back, guiding you in selecting the site and overseeing the construction and design process.
- The Learning Curve: Before you fling open your restaurant doors, you’ll receive a crash course in all things McDonald’s. They’ll school you in operations, marketing, and management, with ongoing support to ensure you’re never left in the lurch.
There you have it. Now you are fully equipped with the knowledge about Mcdonald’s franchises in India. If you can arrange the funds and already have met the land requirements, then we’d definitely advise you to apply for this franchise where your chances of getting success are way higher.
Please Note: Cost might be vary time to time, so please contact the official website.