If you are looking for GST Number Registration services in Delhi, Feel free to contact us today.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a consumption-based tax levied on the supply of goods and services in India. GST registration is mandatory for businesses that have an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 40 lakhs. However, the threshold limit is Rs. 20 lakhs for businesses located in the North-Eastern states of India.
To register self GST in India, follow the below steps:
- Visit the GST portal (www.gst.gov.in) and click on the ‘Register Now’ option under the ‘Taxpayers (Normal)’ tab.
- Fill in the required details in Part-A of the form, which includes the legal name of the business, state, and PAN number. Submit the form to receive an OTP on the registered mobile number and email ID.
- Fill in the OTP received and complete the Part-B of the form, which includes details such as the address of the business, authorized signatory details, bank account information, and business activities.
- Upload the required documents as per the list mentioned above.
- Once the form is submitted, an Application Reference Number (ARN) will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
- The GST officer will verify the application and may ask for additional documents or clarification, if required.
- Upon successful verification, the GST certificate will be issued, and the GSTIN (GST Identification Number) will be assigned to your business.
It is important to note that GST registration is mandatory for businesses that meet the turnover threshold limit. Failure to register may result in penalties and legal consequences. Additionally, registered businesses must file GST returns regularly to maintain compliance with the GST laws.
To avoid any type of hassle and errors, you can reach us for GST Registration Service in Delhi.
Documents Required for GST Registration
To register for Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India, you will need to provide the following documents:
- PAN card of the business entity
- Aadhaar card of the authorized signatory
- Proof of business registration such as Partnership Deed, Memorandum of Association (MOA), Articles of Association (AOA), Certificate of Incorporation or LLP Agreement
- Address proof of the place of business like electricity bill, rent agreement or property deed
- Bank account statement or a cancelled cheque with the name of the account holder, IFSC code and MICR code
- Digital signature of authorized signatory, in case of company, LLP or partnership firm
- Photograph of authorized signatory
The documents required may vary based on the type of business entity, such as sole proprietorship, partnership, private limited company, public limited company, or limited liability partnership. It is recommended to check the official GST portal for the latest list of required documents.