Axis bank was one of the first banks that adapted the UPI technology, or in a way, it was one of the first banks that pioneered and made UPI technology popular in India. Axis is always on the list of top banks in India with millions of customers all across the nation. And you may have seen the Axis bank-specific UPI IDs on third-party payments apps like PhonePe, BHIM, and Google Pay.
However, in recent years, many Axis bank customers are reporting failed UPI transactions. Today we’ll talk about what could be the possible reasons behind Axis Bank UPI not working properly, and what are the fixes to some common problems that occur with Axis Bank UPI. So let’s get down to it then.
Possible Reasons Behind AXIS Bank UPI Not Working
- At a certain time, bank servers can handle a limited amount of load from the hundreds and thousands of UPI transactions happening every second. And sometimes, the servers may malfunction, which ultimately results in UPI transaction failure. Therefore, you may get a notification or message like “Unavailable bank server” or anything like that.
- The bank servers can be put under maintenance if there is any new update in the infrastructure of the Axis bank. That could be possible because recently RBI instructed many banks in India to update their systems so that people using UPI service don’t have any issues.
- If you are using the Axis Mobile app on your smartphone, then it is possible that there is some sort of bug or glitch which is causing UPI transaction failure.
- Another possibility could be that there is nothing wrong with your UPI ID or Axis bank account, but the receiver’s bank account having some issues.
- If you have been using third-party payment apps like Google Pay, BHIM, PhonePe, or PayTM for UPI transactions, then the UPI transactions may fail when the payment app has been put under maintenance mode by the developers.
- Sometimes it happens when there is something wrong with the device that you are using for UPI transactions, it could be anything like a cellular network problem, software update issue, bugs or glitches, timezone isn’t set correctly, GPS location isn’t turned on, etc.
Solutions/Fixes When AXIS Bank UPI Not Working Properly
- When the bank servers are overloaded, or unavailable at the moment, in that case, you can’t do much about it. So whenever you are facing such an issue, just wait a little longer, that’s because banks usually fix these issues within a few hours or so. So try to carry out the UPI transactions after a few hours when you get the unavailable bank server issue.
- And the same can be applied when Axis bank is pushing out new updates or making any changes in the banking infrastructure itself. However, the noteworthy thing is that not everyone gets such failed UPI transaction issues, it just happens for a few customers.
- When the Axis Mobile app is having some sort of glitch or bug which is causing UPI payments to fail, then you should try re-installing the app and rebooting your device. In most cases that would work just fine, otherwise, you’d have to wait for the next update from the developers of the Axis Mobile app.
- In case the receiver’s bank is having some sort of issue, then you can verify that by using different UPI IDs to carry out the transaction to the same person’s bank account. In this case, again, you can’t do much, so ask the other party to share different payment details.
- If you suspect that there is something wrong with your device which is causing UPI transactions to fail, then do these things step by step: reboot your device, check for the latest operating system updates, check whether your smartphone’s timezone is correct and the GPS is turned on, switch to other SIM card cellular network, or if possible use WiFi to complete the transaction.
More than 90% of the time, when people are having UPI transaction failures, these are the common reasons. And we’ve tried our best to let you know about the possible fixes to these reasons, so you can try them one by one and see what works for you. If you are still having the same issue over and over again, you should contact the Axis bank customer support team.