The ICC ODI world cup is a premier cricketing tournament around the world which showcases some of the best world class bowlers from various cricketing nations. These skillful sportsmen with their excellency in the limited-overs format can bamboozle the batsmen either with pace, spin and yorkers. It is the bowler’s contribution which determines the result of a particular high tension game. Thus, makes them a critical asset for the success of their respective teams.
These bowlers are top picks in ODI World Cup Betting as well, because of their unparalleled prowess.
5 Bowlers to Watch Out For in ODI World Cup 2023
With tough competition, and immense talent on display, the ODI world cup is one such tournament for these bowlers to showcase their bowling prowess and carve their name in the history of this tournament. Let’s take a bird eye view on the top 5 bowlers who will definitely make an impact and leave a footprint in ODI World Cup 2023.
Some of the top 5 International bowlers to watch out for as follows
1. Pat Cummins
The Australian fast bowler Pat Cummins appears to be a world class bowler especially in the international cricket arena.
- More often he is considered to be a match winner for his team, who can single handedly dismantle any batting order of any team at once.
- Thanks to his capacity of generating great speed and extracting high bounce from any pitches be it in the Indian subcontinent or outside SENA. Especially in the white ball format he has challenged batsmen from all the country with his impeccable line and length.
- Cummins has already established himself as the number world class bowler in all formats as he bagged the ICC test bowler of the year in 2023.
- In his bowling class he has a secret weapon of deadly bouncer which can easily trouble any world class batsmen.
- He is definitely one of the world class bowlers to watch out for in this grand cricketing event as he has the ability to swing the ball both ways and can trouble any batsmen frequently.
2. Mohammad Siraj
In recent times, Mohammad Siraj, one of the rising stars of Indian Cricket has done an incredible job with this magical bowling performance.
- His recent performance in the Asia Cup final 2023, a brilliant pace bowling performance of 6 for 21 against Sri Lanka has proven to be an absolute threat for the opponents whoever he bowls at.
- He made his ODI debut against Australia in January back in the year 2019. Siraj has an impressive bowling economy rate of 4.76 with 53 wickets to his name from 29 one day international games that he has played so far.
- Furthermore, the current ICC ODI ranking of Siraj is 2nd in the world.
- Siraj is known for his immense potential with the bowl and positive sportsmanship especially when it comes to 50 overs white-ball format.
- He can be a potential game changer for India especially in the upcoming CWC 2023 if India eyes for the 3rd world title in the row.
3. Rashid Khan
When it comes to one day international cricket, Rashid Khan is one such bowling maestro who can easily topple down his opponent within a blink of an eye.
- He plays for Afghanistan and has made his ODI debut against Zimbabwe in October 2015.
- He possesses a huge variation when it comes to spin bowling with Googly and Flipper as his main arsenal.
- He is one such bowler who often bamboozles even the greatest batsmen of the world like Virat Kohli or David Warner.
- He is regarded as the superstar of the Afghanistan team along with his teammate Mujeeb and Nabi.
- From 94 ODI games so far he has picked up 172 wickets with an economy rate of 4.21. He can be a threat for the opponent whoever he faces, especially in the upcoming CWC 2023.
4. Haris Rauf
In the last three years or so Haris Rauf has become one of the premier fast bowlers for Pakistan just after Shaheen Shah Afridi.
- In his career Rauf has picked up 53 wickets with an economy of 5.68 from 28 One day international games.
- Given the condition of Pakistan and India similar Rauf can be a real threat for his opponents as he can swing the ball both ways.
- If at all Pakistan wants to win this global tournament after 1992 then Rauf is one of the key performers for them.
- At this age of 29 his stellar performance has really made him an X-factor for the men in green.
5. Kagiso Rabada
Kagiso Rabada is a sensational bowler for the proteas and he is known for his accurate line and length along with raw pace that he generates in any condition be it in the subcontinent or outside the SENA.
- KG Rabada made his international debut in the year 2014 and within a few years time he has established himself as one of the brighter prospects for the South African cricket team.
- With his stellar variation off and on the pitch he has troubled even world class batsmen like Kohli and Warner in all three formats of the game.
- He has earned numerous accolades and awards for his impressive track record in the bowling department especially in the ODI formats.
- His lethal bowling action and ability to pick wickets at regular intervals made him one of the fearsome bowlers to watch out for in the CWC 2023.
Concluding Thoughts on Top 5 Bowlers in ODI World Cup
It can be said that as the global cricketing event is just few days away from commencing these 5 bowlers with their outstanding bowling performance will not only set the stage on fire but will leave some long lasting memories in the mind of the cricket fans and the experts for years to come.
They are so skilled with their bowling prowess and variations that they will make the event a super exciting and grandeur one.