VPA full form in Banking is Virtual Payment Address, which is a distinctive financial ID, similar to an E-mail id. It allows you to send or receive cash through UPI in your respective bank account. Simply put, VPA sends the payment directly to your bank account. Through VPA, you do not need to provide your bank account details, such as IFSC code, branch name, or account name to disburse or collect cash, like other payment methods. Simply share your VPA, and the money will be credited to your connected bank account.
Steps to form a VPA of your choice
To know what a VPA means, you must understand how to form a VPA on your own. Following are the essential steps to create the VPA of your choice:
- First, you need to have a UPI-allowed application installed on your phone. This can be either a third-party application or a mobile banking app of your connected bank that allows instant fund transfers like Paytm, Google Pay, etc.
- Now fill in your bank account details
- Select a VPA of your choice
- Then, link the VPA to the bank account
- Enter the required details.
What are the benefits of VPA?
- Money can be transferred at any time and on any day.
- Easy to use
- No need to submit details like IFSC code, bank account, etc